Monday, January 23, 2012

The Educational Outdoors

I feel my place in this world has become a very important one. I have become someone who has raised my voice on numerous times for sustaining our planet and am a large advocate of outdoor education. I work as a trip leader in the university's Outdoor Pursuits program, where we plan and lead outdoor adventure trips for students to participate in. This job has opened up many opportunities for me to educate students in and about the outdoors on our various trips. In these instances I try to incorporate my ever-expanding knowledge of our world and what we can do to save it. Last Spring I attended a nationwide conference on sustainibilty and green alternatives known as Powershift, which was attended by roughly 9,000 students all interested in saving our planet. The vast knowledge and experiences I gained there I have in turn used to help educate my fellow students and inhabitants of this planet on how we may save our Mother. This I feel is one of the most important missions of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment